Re: tramp-aware eshell-exec-visual

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp-aware eshell-exec-visual
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 10:16:16 +0200

Florian Margaine <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Florian,

>> You shall not use Tramp internal functions. A better approach would be
>> to make term.el supporting remote hosts (for example, using
>> start-file-process instead of start-process). Would you like to work
>> on this?
>
> I'll try to, but honestly no promise; I scratched my own itch already...

Feel free to ask whatever you need.

>> Note, that for non-trivial contributions to Emacs you would need to
>> assign the copyright to the Free Software Foundation. Would you be
>> willing to do that?
>
> That shouldn't be an issue.

Great! See <http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git/tree/doc/Copyright>.
The file conditions-text explains what to do. The template
request-assign.future seems to be the best choice, this allows you to
contribute also further code in the future.

> Regards,
> Florian

Best regards, Michael.