Re: Changes in GC and in pure space

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Changes in GC and in pure space
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 19:58:00 +0300

> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 09:27:32 -0700
>
> While in the neighborhood, I also put in a statement that unexec is
> deprecated
> and rewrote instances of "portable dump file" as the dump files themselves
> are
> no more portable than an Emacs executable is. See attached patch.

Thanks.

Not to start another bikeshedding thread, but just a thought: I wonder
whether using "dump file" for the emacs.pdmp file is the best idea.
Recall that building with unexec says "Dumping under the name...", so
"dumping" is not necessarily alien to unexec.  If "portable dump file"
is deemed too confusing, then perhaps we should use "pdump file"?