Re: Question Kill-ring modify last entry.

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Question Kill-ring modify last entry.
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 20:10:43 +0200

Hi:

I have already seen kill-new. I was just preventing myself to reinvent
the wheel in case there were something else already there.

I was looking for something like `append-next-kill` that I could use for
`copy-region-as-kill` (or similar), but for replace instead of
appending and acting on regions instead of passing the string already
manipulated.

Ideally I thought that the higher level functions (kill-region,
copy-region-as-kill) somehow unified the lower level functions
(kill-append, kill-new). Maybe throw parameters.

But ok, thanks.

I know what to do now :)

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 04:43:24PM +0200, Robert Pluim wrote:
On Sun, 28 Jul 2019 23:45:15 +0200, Ergus <address@hidden> said:

   Ergus> Hi:
   Ergus> I have been reading the elisp documentation and it is unclear for me
if
   Ergus> there is a "canonical" (lets say formal/supported/provided/save)
   Ergus> function to replace the last entry in the kill-ring with a new one
(like
   Ergus> the append option).

kill-new has a 'replace' argument, so:

(kill-new "foo" t)

(unless I??ve misunderstood what you??re asking for)

Robert