Re: python: Let pdb tracking not kill buffers

From: Lawrence Liu
Subject: Re: python: Let pdb tracking not kill buffers
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 00:26:24 +0800

I think the main reason is because sometimes,

the entires of our program is not a python file, it might be launch of a docker image, a gunicorn application, even a background task etc. or it might be wrapped by some 3rd launcher.

And sometimes it will coming through many steps before hit the break point.

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>于2019年10月8日 周二00:19写道:
> From: Lawrence Liu <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2019 12:33:17 +0800
> Cc: Andrii Kolomoiets <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>
> I am a full time python developer and seems in my case mostly I am using the way as below:
>
> insert a
>
> import pdb; pdb.set_trace();
>
> in my code bass and trigger the break point from other place (mostly browser) and wait for the break point
> been hit.

Any reason you don't use "M-x pdb" instead?
--
Best Regards
Lawrence