Re: Should tab-next cycle instead of stopping?

From: Pankaj Jangid
Subject: Re: Should tab-next cycle instead of stopping?
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 08:32:48 +0530

"T.V Raman" <address@hidden> writes:

> If you have two tabs in the current frame, and you're in the first tab,
> C-tab moves to the second tab. At that pointthe next C-tab appears to do
> nothing, a subsequent C-tab moves to the first tab.
>
> Is that a bug or a feature?
>
> Would be nice if C-tab just treated the tabs in the current frame as a
> ring that it cycles through ...

I don't know if that is a feature or not but your email got me thinking.

It would be a good idea if C-tab beeps at the last tab and a subsequent
C-tab moves to the first tab. When there are lots of tabs open, this
will give an indication that the user has reached the last tab.

And of course this is Emacs. This behaviour should be configurable.

--
Regards,
Pankaj Jangid