Re: Bug with tab bar and event delivery to header line

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Bug with tab bar and event delivery to header line
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 09:38:10 +0300

> From: Cecilio Pardo <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 22:34:31 +0200
>

> coordinates_in_window.
> When testing for the header line, it uses the height of the tab bar:
>
>  || (window_wants_header_line (w)
>      && y < top_y + CURRENT_TAB_LINE_HEIGHT (w)
>                   + CURRENT_HEADER_LINE_HEIGHT (w)
>        && (part = ON_HEADER_LINE)))
>
> I checked that CURRENT_TAB_LINE_HEIGHT returns a big value even
> when there is no tab bar. I don't know if that's correct or not.

Please show a recipe to reproduce this, and please tell what value did
you see.  CURRENT_TAB_LINE_HEIGHT returns the height in pixels, not in
screen lines, so maybe that's the reason you thought it was too large?

In any case, if there some scenario where mouse events are interpreted
incorrectly, please report that using report-emacs-bug, together with
all the details necessary to reproduce the problem.  It could be that
the cause is the tab bar, or it could be something else, but the
problem needs to be debugged in either case.

Thanks.