Re: Make bootsrap failure -- tab-bar.el

From: Michael Mauger
Subject: Re: Make bootsrap failure -- tab-bar.el
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 20:45:09 +0000

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Wednesday, October 16, 2019 2:48 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> > From: Juri Linkov address@hidden
>
> > Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 20:48:05 +0300
> > Cc: "address@hidden" address@hidden
> > Now I got exactly the same error when edited and saved the source file
> > tab-bar.el during compilation.

"Doctor, doctor! It hurts when I do this!"

> Don't do that.

:D

I'm doing the `git pull' followed by `autogen.sh' and `make bootstrap' and
running into the issue; I'm never touching any files in-between. Also I'm not
seeing the compiled version of tab-bar in the build tree. It feels like there
is some artifact being left around that is skipping the compile of tab-bar.
I've got to do a deeper dive into this to figure out where its happening.

I've got a separate checkout of master that I've used the same build script on
and was able to build. So at least I have a recent build but that old master
branch checkout is still broken.

I'll report back if I find something that could be an issue for others...
--
address@hidden // FSF and EFF member // GNU Emacs sql.el maintainer