Re: :extend t inheritance

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: :extend t inheritance
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 22:24:59 +0100

Should I merge this into master finally?

Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2019 23:13:40 +0000 (UTC)
From: Ergus <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden

Ohh right, that's the other commit. When fixing this issue I found another
error I didn't see in tui. After EOL we
need to fill with the merged filtered face. To do that we need to add a stretch
glyph; but we were just adding a
normal glyph with a ' ' so the face was not really extended, just the
background color because the X display
engine always do that. But, for example, underline was not extended. This
commit fixes just that.
stretch_ascent was moved out of the if(column_indicator) because the new
stretch_glyphs needs it any way
and the two comments were 1) for old moved code not there anymore and 2) to
describe the situation of the
glyphs color extension (mention in previous paragraph) that we don't need to
work around anymore because
the glyph fills the entire screen now..

I'm still a bit confused: was the problem you found happening in GUI
frames or in text-mode frames?  You say "tui", but then talk about
something X does...