Re: git show

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: git show
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2019 15:06:01 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Type "C-x v L", then RET on a line for the commit you are interested
> in.  If you want to see the diffs, press D after that.

It's not very convenient -- if the commit is old, I have to hit either
"Show 2X entries" or "Show unlimited entries", which are slow.

Which means that it's faster to just go to a terminal and say "git
show".

But I take this to mean that there's no command like this implemented
already?  If so, I can take a whack at implementing it.  I'm guessing
that most SCMs have a command to show a specific commit based on an ID.