Re: master 7362554: Widen around c-font-lock-fontify-region. This fixes

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master 7362554: Widen around c-font-lock-fontify-region. This fixes bug #38049.
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 14:02:54 +0200

> From: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 15:36:08 +0200
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> > In all of Emacs, there's just one use of font-lock-dont-widen, in
> > rmail.el, and that is almost certainly for a different reason than your
> > use of it (which is, I believe, having several major modes in a single
> > buffer).
>
> Does RMail use it for quoted pirces of code? If so, it would be similar.

No, Rmail uses that variable because each email message it displays is
just a small portion of a large mbox file, and Rmail narrows the
buffer to exclude all the other email messages.  So it wants font-lock
to work only on the narrowed portion of the buffer, as that presents a
single logical unit -- one email message -- to be fontified.  So it
has nothing to do with fragments of code embedded in text.