Re: master 7362554: Widen around c-font-lock-fontify-region. This fixes

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master 7362554: Widen around c-font-lock-fontify-region. This fixes bug #38049.
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 18:08:34 +0200

> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
> From: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 16:50:14 +0200

> >> There are options, sure. But I think all of them will require explicit
> >> support from major modes.
> > I don't think so.  All we need to make sure is that the narrowing
> > doesn't conceal portions of the embedded fragment.
>
> I would very much like to read your idea in more detail.

I'm not sure what else is there to say.  Really.  Can you ask specific
questions?

My point was that Alan wanted not to start fontification from a random
place determined by blindly narrowing to some arbitrary chunk.  But in
mmm-mode the code fragment is present in the narrowed portion in its
entirety, so it doesn't sound like we have a real problem here.