Re: Question about text property 'category

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Question about text property 'category
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 22:49:00 +0100

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 9:41 PM Fu Yuan <address@hidden> wrote:

> I noticed that the 'category property is not copied along when I copy and paste a text button. Is this expected? Why is that?

yank-excluded-properties is a variable defined in ‘simple.el’.
Its value is
(category field follow-link fontified font-lock-face help-echo intangible invisible keymap local-map mouse-face read-only yank-handler)

  You can customize this variable.

This variable was introduced, or its default value was changed, in
version 24.3 of Emacs.
  Probably introduced at or before Emacs version 22.1.

Documentation:
Text properties to discard when yanking.
The value should be a list of text properties to discard or t,
which means to discard all text properties.

See also ‘yank-handled-properties’.