RE: master 49192e9: Strip "(fn...)" from output of `describe-mode' (bug#

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: master 49192e9: Strip "(fn...)" from output of `describe-mode' (bug#38222)
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 13:26:43 -0800 (PST)

> What I'm suggesting is to look at all the usage we can find and see if
> such a change would break that code.  If none is broken, there's a high
> probability that other code we don't know about wouldn't be
> broken either.

FWIW, I have 6 occurrences of `help-split-fundoc' in my library
`help-fns+.el'.  But those occurrences are derived from the
`help-fns.el' code.

FWIW2, I've already updated `help-fns+.el' to use code similar
to what Juanma proposed, for `describe-mode'.  But I can no
doubt adapt both that and the `help-split-fundoc' occurrences
to whatever changes you end up making.

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/download/help-fns%2b.el