Re: Emacs project mission (was Re: "If you're still seeing problems, ple

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs project mission (was Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 01:05:57 +0100

Drew Adams wrote:

> My impression is also that those who used it
> for the first time had no problem doing so.
> IOW, it has not seemed to me that it was
> scary of difficult to figure out, or that
> they hesitated for some reason.

The first time it is while not exactly "scary"
a little discomforting because I didn't even
understand it was an e-mail being composed (and
I was even an Rmail or Gnus user at the time,
but it didn't look like an ordinary message
buffer somehow), I wasn't sure to whom it was
supposed to be sent, and the insertion of data
to describe my current state felt like I was
throwing in my clothes and bike in the bargain.

Maybe one could insert a line like this: "This
is an ordinary e-mail which contains harmless
data. If you are unsure if whether to send this
or not, you are encouraged to do so."

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573