Re: Issue with rectangle mouse selection

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Issue with rectangle mouse selection
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 15:39:56 +0100

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 02:18:07PM +0100, Mattias Engdeg�rd wrote:
28 nov. 2019 kl. 18.11 skrev Ergus <address@hidden>:

I made some tests and after reading the xterm documentation for mouse
tracking I can confirm that mouse movements with modifiers are not sent
at all with "\e[?1002h" (It is not sending any event, not just the
modifiers).

Try setting the X resource

*VT100*translations: #override \n\
<Btn1Motion>: select-extend()

YES!!! this seems to work now. :)

So the only issue now is what I reported on yesterday about the distance
between rectangle border (point) and pointer in white spaces (or empty
lines). But it seems to be related with display-line-numbers-mode.

To reproduce:

emacs -Q

M-x global-display-line-numbers-mode
M-x xterm-mouse-mode

Then I see something like the attached picture (seed the distance
there). Could you please give it a look?

Again very thanks and sorry for bothering so much.

Ergus.