Re: Should `revert-buffer' preserve text-scaling by default?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Should `revert-buffer' preserve text-scaling by default?
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 22:39:49 +0200

> From: Karl Fogel <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 14:24:14 -0600
>
> Before I go down this road, I'd like to know if anyone thinks text-scaling is
> just another minor mode and should be bound together with other modes via the
> existing `preserve-modes' flag to `revert-buffer'.  I think the opposite:
> that is, I think text-scaling should be treated specially, for the reasons
> given above.  I just wanted to check here before writing any code.

There are other buffer-local minor modes that are of similar nature:
display-line-numbers-mode, display-fill-column-indicator-mode, and
maybe some others (e.g., what about hl-line-mode?).  So if we are
going to preserve text-scale-mode across reverting, I think we should
have a list of modes to preserve, not just exempt this one mode.