Re: standard key binding for project-find-file?

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: standard key binding for project-find-file?
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2019 08:09:31 +0100

Drew Adams <address@hidden> writes:

> And I'd suggest that vanilla Emacs do the same: use
> `C-x p' for bookmark commands.  IMO, Emacs would be
> well advised to split the congeries of commands that
> are on `C-x r': rectangle, register, and bookmark
> stuff.  (7 for rectangle, 12 for registers, 4 for
> bookmarks.)

I don't see what's wrong with the current key bindings for bookmarks
or why they would need changing.  It seems to me that it would only
force users to relearn.

> Bookmark+ has 2 prefix keys on `C-x p': `C-x p c'
> (creation) and `C-x p t' (tags).  And `C-x p t'
> itself has 2 prefix keys: `C-x p t +' and `C-x p t -'.

I don't know which of these keys are relevant to Emacs.  Most of these
commands seems to only exist in your library, if I'm not mistaken?  Or
are you also suggesting to add new commands to Emacs bookmarks?

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas