Re: What is a default font?

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: What is a default font?
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2019 10:03:46 +0100

> This is a misunderstanding.  What I meant to say was that when a new
> frame is created, we usually apply frame-parameters from all kinds of
> sources, and that is what I referred to as "unknowns".  barring that,
> the above line is accurate, albeit you may see it as useless in your
> use case.

It took me some time to find out why it didn't work as advertised.
And it's not our usual practice to advertise things that might work
only if they were implemented.  As far as the face code is concerned,
I now got the feeling that it's strictly for connoisseurs only.

> It depends on what you are going to use the results of
> default-font-height etc. for.  And I'd consider it a bug, or at least
> a misfeature, to have the default face filtered like that anyway.

It's probably the remapped face that would get filtered here but I
have no idea about how such filters would be used in practice.

martin