Re: master 83587bb 1/2: Correctly cache sorted completions in icomplete-

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: master 83587bb 1/2: Correctly cache sorted completions in icomplete--sorted-completions
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2019 20:42:10 +0000

On Thu, Dec 26, 2019 at 8:33 PM Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> examine the mail headers of my message, you will see that it doesn't
> have the other messages in its References header, and no In Reply To,
> either.

I believed you the first time, Eli, I don't need to inspect headers :-)

> I hope the MUA you are using to read the mailing list is
> smarter than mailman.

It's not. But I expect many to be using dumb ol Gmail, too. So perhaps
next time you could use a slightly different phrasing, perhaps using past
tense (Started vs Starting).  Just a suggestion.

> > Even though you removed the "Re:" from the subject, Gmail also hides it in
> > the
> > same "conversation", so it doesn't stand out as a new thread.
> So you may wish to submit a bug report against Gmail for too naïve
> threading.

Nah.

> > Maybe I should blame Gmail. I'm working on ditching it, or at least
> > the web client,
> > but can't seem to close the deal :-(
>
> Using any MUA we have in Emacs will produce much better results.

As I've said, I've certainly been trying, and sometimes I do use it, but
remote IMAP is horribly slow (and blocking) and one needs a PHD
to set up mbsync+dovecot/maildir+Gnus.

João