Re: Emacs project mission (was Re: "If you're still seeing problems, pl

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs project mission (was Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 19:17:03 -0500

  > > You need an account if you want to write a new bug report ("issue") in
  > > Gitlab, even for public projects. No problem for Emacs developers, they
  > > will have an account on Emacs' Gitlab stanza. But we will miss bug
  > > reports from Emacs users, which usually have no account there.

  > It has OAuth support, users could log in using an account from a number
  > of popular services. So that should be a non-issue.

I don't think we can assume that everyone who uses Emacs and might report
a bug has an OAuth account, or would go ahead and make one for this.
I don't have one.  No GNU activity requires one.

Is it possible to have something run on a GNU server and use one
specific OAuth account to submit various people's Emacs bug reports,
all using a single shared OAuth account?

--
Dr Richard Stallman