Windows Snapshots Updated was Re: Starting the Emacs 27 release cycle

From: phillip . lord
Subject: Windows Snapshots Updated was Re: Starting the Emacs 27 release cycle
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2019 11:59:34 +0000

On 2019-12-23 16:05, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
I've created the emacs-27 release branch, and bumped Emacs version on
master to 28.0.50.  A pretest of Emacs 27.1 will follow some time
soon, I hope.

Please from now on push safe bugfixes and documentation fixes to the
release branch; all the other development should happen on master.
When in doubt whether a bugfix is safe enough, please ask.

CONTRIBUTE has more about working with master and the release branch,
please review those practices.

Please also checkout and build the release branch and use the version
there to find potential bugs sooner rather than later.

TIA

I have made some updated snapshots for Windows, both for Emacs-27 and Emacs-28.

I'll freeze the msys dependencies for Emacs-27 once the first pre-test comes out, after which they will remain frozen for the whole Emacs-27 release cycle, so testing is welcome for the 27 branch especially.

https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/