Re: Scan of broken conditional forms

From: Mattias Engdegård
Subject: Re: Scan of broken conditional forms
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2020 23:04:00 +0100

4 jan. 2020 kl. 20.23 skrev Paul Eggert <address@hidden>:

> smime-encrypt-buffer always returns nil (it signals an error on failure), so
> that code happens to work though it is too complicated.

Oh, right --- I was led astray by the code that looked at the return value.

> I fixed that issue along with the others (other than the two that you and
> Michael already fixed) by installing the attached into the emacs-27 branch.

Thank you, and the changes seem fine as far as I can tell.

One point though: Doesn't ede-proj-configure-test-required-file strike you as a
bit backwards? It creates a file, and then asks for permission afterwards
(easier to obtain forgiveness...), despite the assurances in the docstring of
ede-pconf-create-file-query. The actual condition logic is bonkers, too (the
'never' value has the same effect as nil).