Re: Default emacs init file location confusion

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Default emacs init file location confusion
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2020 11:28:42 -0500

>> Still, a warning when both are present would be welcome.
> Not here, it isn't.  We had something similar with MS-Windows users
> when we moved from the C:/.emacs default, and it was a source of
> endless annoyances.  No more, please.

Do you remember details of the annoyance?
Why did people have two .emacs files (and kept them both)?

Maybe these problems wouldn't apply to the ~/.config/emacs -vs- ~/.emacs.d
case, but if they do, it would be good to keep a written trace of it
somewhere to avoid falling back into that trap even after you forgot
about it ;-)

        Stefan