Re: Tab bar tabs landed on master

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Tab bar tabs landed on master
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 01:35:01 +0200

>> I'd like to extend the documentation about tabs.
>> Whereas it's clear where to describe the recently added tab-bar
>> features (in the node “Tab Bars” under “Frames”), it's
>> not so clear where to describe major features of the tab-line.
>
> Are those user-level features or Lisp-level features?

User-level features.

> For the former, I wonder how much more would you like to tell.  If
> just a little, maybe leave that in the current node.  Otherwise, it
> should probably warrant its own node.

Not too much, but still enough for a separate node, mainly to mention
basic customizable options and also to describe the difference between
tab-bar and tab-line, with cross-references between the node "Tab Bars"
and a new node "Window Tab Lines" (in the Emacs manual).

> For the latter, I guess a separate node, like we already have for
> "Header Lines", is TRT.

Yes, Lisp-level features could have a small node in the Elisp manual
as well like "Header Lines".

>> Shouldn't this node be split to more subnodes to describe them
>> separately
>
> It's currently just 49 lines, so I don't think dividing it further is
> justified.

Than maybe a new node "Window Tab Lines" in the Emacs manual
could be a subnode of "Windows", not subnode of "Window Convenience".