master@head: completing-read behavior change?

From: T.V Raman
Subject: master@head: completing-read behavior change?
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 13:42:11 -0800

Could anyone tell me what changed in the behavior of completing-read
between
* (HEAD detached at 561ba2633e)
and HEAD on master branch?

>From what I observe, something low-level appears to  have changed how
completing-read produces its final minibuffer prompt when ido is active.

Background:

>From emacspeak, I used to be able to speak the ido choices
intelligently, now I just get  the number of available choices spoken --
and the code on the emacspeak end hasn't changed.
--
Id: kg:/m/0285kf1