Re: Temporarily disable `timer-event-handler'

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Temporarily disable `timer-event-handler'
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 16:29:24 +0200

> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, address@hidden
> From: Alexander Shukaev <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 02:21:37 +0100
>
> I was more into temporarily inhibiting all the
> timers (for whatever reason may be needed too, e.g. what Michael faces).
>   Would be cool to support both of course.

Micheal actually wanted to inhibit all timers but hos own, AFAIU.

And before we seriously discuss the possibility of inhibiting _all_
the timers, I'd suggest to make sure we have a clear understanding how
many features we take for granted run off timers.  Starting from
cursor-blinking and undo, for example.