Re: On elisp running native

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: On elisp running native
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 06:34:19 +0200

> From: Andrea Corallo <address@hidden>
> Cc: yyoncho <address@hidden>, address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 12:59:56 +0000
>
> > I think this might be expected, since most of the heavy processing in
> > this benchmark is in C, and thus not affected by the compiling Lisp
> > into native machine code.
>
> Yeah, the interesting part would be the GC one.  I'm wondering if that's
> just a noise artifact or not.

I'm not sure I understand what is interesting about it.  JSON parsing
is implemented in C, but it creates Lisp objects (a lot of them), and
thus GC during that processing should not be unexpected.

Of course, if you want to make sure the GC in this case indeed only
reclaims Lisp objects produced by JSON parsing, and is not related to
the native code itself, that's a good thing to check.