Re: MinGW build broken with O_CLOEXEC undeclared

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: MinGW build broken with O_CLOEXEC undeclared
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2020 19:04:49 +0200

> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
> From: martin rudalics <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2020 17:38:29 +0100
>
>  > For cleaner results, I suggest to do the following after "git pull"
>  > and before saying "make":
>  >
>  >    $ rm lib/*.[oa]
>  >    $ touch configure.ac lib/gnulib.mk.in
>
> This doesn't seem to work.  Doing that right after a "git pull" triggers
> automatic reconfigure (takes ages here).  And after that building fails as

> make info-real info-dir
> make[1]: Entering directory `/c/emacs-git/trunk/dbg/lib'
> Makefile:39: *** Recursive variable `am__v_CC_' references itself
> (eventually).  Stop.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/emacs-git/trunk/dbg/lib'
> make: *** [lib] Error 2
> make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
> make[1]: Entering directory `/c/emacs-git/trunk/dbg'
> make -C doc/lispref info
>

> If I run your two commands right before "make" it builds normally.

That's what I said: run those before saying "make".  You _must_ force
configure re-run, because some of the files I changed affect how Emacs
is configured.

Are you saying that you still run autogen.sh and configure by hand,
and only after that run "make"?  That's unnecessary.

Or maybe you are building outside of the source tree?  In that case, I
don't know what you should do.