Re: native-comp build failures

From: Andrea Corallo
Subject: Re: native-comp build failures
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 19:08:02 +0000

Sorry I managed to miss the second part of the mail.

Alex Bennée <address@hidden> writes:
> I've also notices that while GNUS seems to run faster when I start it I
> see the message:
>
>    You should byte-compile Gnus

Yeah I see the same.  I guess this is because somewhere gnus is checking
for a function to be bytecompiled and assume that if it's not it must be
interpreted.

> So is there a way to tell which functions are byte-compiled and which
> have been compiled into native code?

A part from `describe-function' programmatically you can do:

(type-of (symbol-function 'org-mode)) => compiled-function

becomes when native compiled:

(type-of (symbol-function 'org-mode)) => subr

you can use predicated `subrp' and `subr-native-elisp-p' too.

Andrea

--
address@hidden