Re: emacs rendering comparisson between emacs23 and emacs26.3

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: Re: emacs rendering comparisson between emacs23 and emacs26.3
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 11:08:25 -0400

Hello,

I may be in the minority, but...

Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> writes:

[...]
> Still, an increase of ~75% in processing time over the best part of a
> decade isn't that bad.  Surely?  Certainly not when compared with the
> increase in available computing power.

[...]

Just as a data point, my main machine is a ThinkPad released in 2008
with a Core 2 Duo processor, which is not nearly as fast as the newer
Core i5/i7 processors found in more recent machines since.

That is not to say I don't enjoy and appreciate useful new features in
GNU Emacs, but rather that I think we should keep a close eye on the
performance penalties accumulated over time and (continue) trying to
minimize them as much as we can. :-)