Re: Is it possible to change the recv buffer size dynamically for networ

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Is it possible to change the recv buffer size dynamically for network process or subprocess?
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 14:13:02 -0400

> I want to do flow control, because too many data may cause UI
> unresponsive. Set the recv buffer size to 4, and if I don’t fetch the four
> bytes, please don’t receive more data. If the size (In the four bytes
> header) is too big, ask the user if the message should be received.

I think I understand your description, and I think I understand somewhat
how Emacs's code works in this respect, but I really don't see how the
two relate.

Presumably you're writing Elisp code using Emacs's process filters.
What is the concrete problem you're seeing that you're trying to solve
(your description seems to focus on *how* to solve your problem)?

Does Emacs take too long to react to some events?  Does its memory use
grow unreasonably?  Is the rest of the system affected?

        Stefan