Re: emacs rendering comparisson between emacs23 and emacs26.3

From: rrandresf
Subject: Re: emacs rendering comparisson between emacs23 and emacs26.3
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 21:08:54 +0000

Hi Guys.

Dmitry> Apparently they aim to replace it with a new specialized
Dmitry> jit-highlighter:

I was just remembering the AA-tree on the noverlays branch(from Andreas
Politz). I do not
remember the sender but a guy was trying to save and merge code from
that branch to master (before closing the Emacs27 merge window). I think
the idea with this AA-tree was improving actual font-lock with the
AA-tree. I think a jit-highlighter would render with more
performance. Am I right?.

Best Regards
ps: the sender was not successfull on using an AA-tree. But Andreas was.