Re: Interest in nt_load_image?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Interest in nt_load_image?
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 21:32:20 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Cc: Juan José García-Ripoll
>  <address@hidden>,
>   address@hidden
> Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 13:16:13 -0400
>
> Since then, I've seen mentions of Windows-98 support but only in the
> context of "blind" efforts to try and make sure it can still work on
> Windows-98.

That's exactly what we are trying to do, and cannot (and shouldn't)
try doing more.

> Maybe we should try and use this Windows-98-incompatible feature and see
> if someone hollers, as a way to test whether we do still have users
> running such systems.

I don't see the point.  We have enough real issues to worry about,
let's not waste precious resources on trying to figure out whether the
9X code can be dropped.  One day it will die of natural causes, no
need to invest even a minimal effort in that.