Re: "Why is emacs so square?"

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: "Why is emacs so square?"
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 22:19:19 -0400

  > > I personally think that various Emacs APIs regarding buffers, etc… is not
  > > part of the language, but that’s just my opinion.

  > They're implemented inside the language runtime, have relavant
  > primitives inside the bytecode engine, et cetera.  They're also the
  > primary (I wouldn't go as far as to say only, but it's close) IO
  > mechanism available in Emacs Lisp.

Those are not part of the Lisp language, so they are not really
part of the mission of the Lisp Reference Manual.
It does document some internal C conventions because they are useful
for people who want to customize at the C level, but we do that
only to the extent that seems worth doing.

--
Dr Richard Stallman