Re: Auto-resizing of images in image-mode

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Auto-resizing of images in image-mode
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 02:44:52 +0300

> I don't use doc-view mode, but consistency seems important, esp. given
> that its keymap iherits from image-mode-map.
>
> OTOH I really like grouping similar functionality to a common prefix, as
> it helps both mnemonics and discoverability/documentation, so I think
> I'd prefer changing doc-view mode to follow image-mode's example here;
> possibly changing the s prefix to something else (in the parent, i.e.
> image-mode) so it doesn't conflict with the slice prefix. But changing
> UI defaults is always a delicate matter...

Some unfinished code in image-mode.el

  ;;     ;; (define-key map "c f h" 'image-scale-fit-height)
  ;;     ;; (define-key map "c ]" 'image-rotate-right)

uses the prefix "c", but I see no mnemonics in "c".

There is some mnemonics in the prefix "t" (transform):

  t 0           image-transform-reset
  t b           image-transform-fit-both
  t f           image-mode-fit-frame
  t h           image-transform-fit-to-height
  t r           image-transform-set-rotation
  t s           image-transform-set-scale
  t w           image-transform-fit-to-width

but I'm still not sure if this is the best possible outcome.