Sending plaintext with Gmail (was: Add some aliases for re-related funct

From: Kévin Le Gouguec
Subject: Sending plaintext with Gmail (was: Add some aliases for re-related functions)
Date: Mon, 04 May 2020 10:20:24 +0200

Philippe Vaucher <address@hidden> writes:

>> [Again, please consider using plain-text, not HTML, in your messages.]
>
> I try to do that each time, e.g this message should be plain text. Tell me if
> it isn't. I reply from gmail and select "remove formatting".

If I am not mistaken, to send plaintext with Gmail, one must open the
"⋮" menu (three vertical dots) and pick "Plain text mode".  "Remove
formatting" merely strips away bold/italic/…, but the outgoing mail is
still HTML.

Your message is still HTML AFAICT, but it also has a plaintext duplicate
attached.