Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs
Date: Mon, 04 May 2020 22:52:03 -0400

  > > Considering that docstrings describe more functions than the
  > > manual does, would you think that working on the dosctrings for
  > > what you describe above would be better to expose emacs' APIs ?

  > The doc strings cannot be used for this purpose, because they lack the
  > information about the groups to which each function belongs.

Don't worry about what information Emacs does or doesn't have.  For
providing better help, we can add whatever classification data is
useful for that.  Adding that data is just some work -- it is not an
incompatibility.  People who like some new help interface will add the
data it needs to work.

--
Dr Richard Stallman