Re: Improved welcome screen

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Improved welcome screen
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 15:59:29 -0700

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

> Yesterday, this was posted on Reddit as a concept:
> https://camo.githubusercontent.com/7f0804a2670362a0623a0ede5338e5bd8655078c/68747470733a2f2f692e726564642e69742f366870626f66343078737834312e706e67
>
> https://www.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/ggnekq/a_very_minimal_but_elegant_emacs_i_think/
>
> What do you think of the style?

Thanks for pointing this out.

This is very nice indeed.  It's a bit of a different direction, but I
like some of the main ideas a lot.

> It seems that the author has assigned copyright for some art to FSF in
> the past, so we could ask for an assignment for Emacs. And then base our
> screen on this, adjusting the actual information shown to best suit our
> requirements.

That's a very good idea.  I will contact him in private to see if he
wants to sign the papers, or better yet collaborate with us.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas

PS. He is also using the very nice font "Roboto Mono".  Maybe we could
    consider adding a stronger default font selection, dependent upon
    `system-type'?