Re: What is the most useful potential feature which Emacs lacks?

From: ndame
Subject: Re: What is the most useful potential feature which Emacs lacks?
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 05:37:11 +0000

> It is not a question of interest, not at my age and point in life.
>
> Anyway, the above is unlikely to happen.

If by chance you know somebody who is qualified and could be interested in the
job then please let him or her know about this possibility. Provided you think
a full time developer could help Emacs development.  The core developers are in
a better position to judge this.

Emacs development has an untapped potential in users who don't have the time or
inclination to work on Emacs code, but they use Emacs a lot, so they are
willing to donate for Emacs development. Most likely the vast majority of Emacs
users are in this position, so the untapped potential is huge.