Re: GNU Emacs raison d'etre

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: GNU Emacs raison d'etre
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 17:17:02 -0400

> What your opinion on maple-minibuffer?

No opinion yet, I just saw a reference to it for the first time earlier
in this thread.

[ ... time passes ... ]

I wonder how it works out in practice: I like the idea of the minibuffer
being "near point" rather than at the bottom of my screen, but at the
same time I don't like the minibuffer hiding text "near point".

Another issue is that it only applies to actual minibuffer use, so it
doesn't affect Isearch nor echo-area messages, but for me a significant
part of the problem of having the minibuffer "all the way down" is that
I don't see echo messages either (i.e. it's not just the minibuffer
per-se but all uses of the mini-window).

        Stefan