Re: My perspective as a mid-level user on pros/cons of different editors

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: My perspective as a mid-level user on pros/cons of different editors
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 14:32:27 +0100

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 2:14 PM Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 20.05.2020 16:10, João Távora wrote:
> > A non-appendix view would be: "I want to
> > work on my Python, C++, Go program" and go do that, not
> > caring about what was going on underneath at all, LSP, treesitter,
> > CC-mode if-then-elses, you name it.
> We won't be able to do this.

Don't be such a Cassandra: have you seen the future?
We'll try to come as close as possible.

Anyway, it is precisely in this sense that I try that Eglot
provide the least amount of interactive commands and
user options, and no keybindings at all.  So that people
"see it" as little as possible of it.  They just see xref, project,
flymake diagnostics, eldoc, etc. This is quite different
from lsp-mode (at least the last time I looked at it).  Of
course if major modes were in on the play, we could
reduce the visibility of Eglot even more, maybe just
reduce it to `eglot-connect` and `eglot-disconnect`, maybe
call them `start-ide-ing` and `stop-ide-ing` for abstraction.

João