RE: 31395511: "Don’t attempt to modify constant strings"

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: 31395511: "Don’t attempt to modify constant strings"
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 14:21:02 -0700 (PDT)

> In that case perhaps all that's needed is to document the issue with
> make-text-button, at least unless someone comes up with a cleaner API.

Apologies for not following this thread.

I have code that uses `make-text-button'.
What is it, exactly that must not be done
by a user?
___

1. In help-fns+.el I pass a string as first arg
that results from `copy-sequence' of a key
description.

2. In finder+.el I pass a `help-echo' value
that's a literal string.

3. In facemenu+.el I pass a `mouse-face' value
that's a list with a `:foreground' value
that's a literal string.

I'm guessing that you're talking only about
passing a literal string as the first arg
(so only #1 above).  Is that right?  If so,
is my #1 problematic?