Re: [elpa] master 2a29130: Make debbugs install a handler in browse-url-

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [elpa] master 2a29130: Make debbugs install a handler in browse-url-default-handlers.
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 22:45:38 +0200

>> Since we seem to agree that this specific case is allright, may I
>> initiate a new debbugs release with that change?  (Feel free to do it
>
> Yes, of course,

Done, thanks!

Now that this is done, I would like to make `bug-reference-mode' usable
for emacs dev without user configuration.  Wouldn't it make sense
(mostly for us Emacs contributors) to make

  "https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=%s";

the default value of `bug-reference-url-format' (which has no default
value right now)?  Then you could simply enable `bug-reference-mode'
wherever you want (especially in MUAs like rmail/Gnus/mu4e) and
bug#17171 become clickable and opened immediately in debbugs if
installed or in your browser.

Bye,
Tassilo