Re: icomplete-fido-backward-updir litters kill-ring

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: icomplete-fido-backward-updir litters kill-ring
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2020 18:51:37 +0100

Andrew Schwartzmeyer <andrew@schwartzmeyer.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Please tell me if this should be redirected to the bug report mailing
> list. It’s less a bug and more an undesired behavior.

It's a bug, and yes, next time you should redirect this to the bug
report mailing list.  Just make sure you CC me in some reply to the
message that debbugs replies with (the one that includes the bug number
that it assigns automatically).  Don't CC: me in the original mail to
bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org.

> João, what do you think? Perhaps this was intended behavior, but it doesn’t
> seem like it.

No, it's not intended.  It's a bug, and a pretty annoying one.  I've
fixed it in Emacs 27 (which should eventually appear in master).  Have a
try, please.

> P.S. With Emacs 28 I’m super happy with how much 3rdparty stuff I’m getting
> to replace with GNU code, either built-in or in ELPA. Like
> fido-mode :)

That's good to hear.  I also like that feeling (but not all do, I
suspect).