Re: Ergonomics: mouse clicking with scroll-margin

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Ergonomics: mouse clicking with scroll-margin
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 20:45:29 +0300

> From: Yuri D'Elia <wavexx@thregr.org>
> Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 19:09:20 +0200
>
> Can this be improved _without_ disabling scroll-margin?

Can you propose a more useful behavior in that case?

> If feels like that moving the point when using the mouse shouldn't
> trigger scroll-margin ever

If you are saying that Emacs should put point inside the scroll-margin
and leave it there in this case, then I don't recommend such a
solution: any subsequent command will scroll the window anyway,
because Emacs is programmed to keep point outside of the scroll
margin.

We need to come up with a more clever approach.