Re: RFC: Automatic setup for bug-reference-mode

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: RFC: Automatic setup for bug-reference-mode
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 14:40:24 -0400

Tassilo Horn [2020-06-14 18:30:26] wrote:

> > This is mis-indented.  It's not your fault, but I recommend you
> > override the auto-indentation :-(
> That would be a hassle for aggressive-indent-mode users (like me).

Yes, it has downsides as well.  That was just a recommendation.
The better solution is to fix the auto-indentation, of course.

> > Why autoloaded?
> So that packages can add their function to that list.

Fair enough.  Please put this as a comment, then.

> Ok, I have implemented a new repository-url VC command for all VC
> systems I have installed and were able to test: Git, Hg, Bzr, and SVN.
> Looks right?

Looks great, thanks. (I expected that only the Git backend would be
populated).

"Basil L. Contovounesios" <contovob@tcd.ie> wrote:
> Doesn't this need a non-nil NOERROR arg?

I don't see why: if the backend doesn't implement the feature the
front-end function will signal an error, so the callers need to be
prepared to handle an error in any case.

        Stefan