Re: RFC: Automatic setup for bug-reference-mode

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: RFC: Automatic setup for bug-reference-mode
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 12:46:40 +0300

On 18.06.2020 09:06, Tassilo Horn wrote:
I think the actual problem was that

   git config branch.<branch>.remote

wasn't necessarily called in the given project DIR so returned the
global default remote "origin".

I... don't think so?

It returned an empty string in my testing. Which resulted in remote-url being nil.

> I'm not exactly sure if that is really needed but at least it was needed for M-: (vc-git-dir-extra-headers "~/some/project/") which I used to reproduce the problem (which still occurred). Maybe it's not needed
when vc-dir calls it, but let's say it is a good change anyway since it
makes the function debuggable standalone.

I don't mind, but a lot of VC functions depend on a changed default-directory value implicitly.