Re: Line wrap reconsidered

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Line wrap reconsidered
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 09:17:21 +0300

> From: Yuan Fu <casouri@gmail.com>
> Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 17:46:53 -0400
> Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>,
>  emacs-devel <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
>
> I have to do another change for kinsoku.el to work right in bidi. Kinsoku.el
> defined NOT_AT_BOL and NOT_AT_EOL categories. These categories are flipped in
> bidi paragraphs: what was EOL becomes BOL and vice versa. So I flipped them
> in my predicate function depending on it->bidi_p.

I don't think I understand what you mean here.  BOL and EOL are
logical-order terminology, and bidi reordering doesn't change their
meaning.

Maybe I don't understand the exact meaning of NOT_AT_EOL/NOT_AT_BOL
that Kinsoku assigns to that.  Can you provide a formal definition of
that, or point me to some document where that is explained?  The
important aspect of this is that in bidi-reordered text the character
that appears at the left edge of a line is not necessarily the first
character of the line after the preceding newline.  So the issue is
what does Kinsoku say about such situations?  IOW, definitions that
assume strict LTR text will not help us here.