Re: Why are so many great packages not trying to get included in GNU Ema

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Why are so many great packages not trying to get included in GNU Emacs? WAS: Re: Making Emacs more friendly to newcomers
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2020 01:08:19 -0400

I haven't followed this thread very closely, but it seems we've strayed
far enough away from Emacs that it's become quite offtopic.

I may be wrong (since I haven't followed the thread very closely) but my
understanding is that Konstantin would like it for Emacs to accept
submission using a "merge request" model or something like that.

We've discussed this many times in the past.  IIUC, we're slowly going
there (see https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Fsf_2019_forge_evaluation), but
we're an old project, and those people who most contribute to Emacs tend
not to go very much for the shiny new stuff, so if you like the shiny
new stuff I recommend you a healthy dose of patience.

        Stefan