Re: master 8ef8463: Accept lexical lambda in auto-insert-alist

From: Mattias Engdegård
Subject: Re: master 8ef8463: Accept lexical lambda in auto-insert-alist
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 17:34:58 +0200

22 juni 2020 kl. 16.10 skrev Basil L. Contovounesios <contovob@tcd.ie>:

> I wonder why I didn't get any test failures
> with 'make bootstrap && make check', though?  Did you run the tests as
> 'cd test; make autoinsert-tests' instead?  Would that make a difference?

I don't remember, but maybe you ran the tests byte-compiled? A compiled closure
won't look like a list, and wouldn't trigger the bug.

There may be more instances of the same bug (ie, not recognising lexical
closures correctly). I only had a quick look and didn't find anything outright
wrong, but could very well have missed something.